JACKSONVILLE, Florida – Southeastern Grocers Inc. (SEG), parent company and headquarters of Fresco y MÃ¡s, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie, has won 13 awards for its private label dairy products, rivaling dairy industry leaders in North America at the annual World Dairy Championship Expo sponsored by the Wisconsin Dairy Products Association.
Southeastern Grocers’ SE Grocers product line received honors for five varieties of yogurt, two cream cheese selections and two cheese varieties, while the grocer’s Prestige and Naturally Better product lines won four awards of frozen yogurt and ice cream.
Gayle Shields, vice president of pharmacy and private labels for Southeastern Grocers, said: âWe are honored that the World Dairy Expo has recognized our commitment to providing exceptional products to our customers with 13 awards in the Ice Cream, Yogurt and Cheese categories. We take great pride in our private label products and work hard to develop dynamic, affordable, high-quality products that our customers can trust and love.
Private label products won the “top three” in several categories of ice cream, yogurt and cheese:
- First place – Prestige Black Cherry Frozen Yogurt (Category: Frozen Yogurt)
- First place – SE Grocers natural sliced ââHavarti cheese (Category: Cheese – Brick, Muenster, Havarti)
- First Place – SE Grocers Fat Free Blueberry Greek Yogurt (Category: Flavored Greek Yogurt – Fat Free, Any Flavor)
- First Place – SE Grocers Whole Milk Yogurt Vanilla (Category: Flavored Greek Yogurt – 1%, any flavor)
- First place – SE Grocers Blueberry Fat Free Light Yogurt (Category: Blueberry Yogurt)
- Second Place – Prestige Strawberry Premium Ice Cream (Category: Strawberry Ice Cream)
- Second Place – Naturally Better Organic Ice Cream Sandwich (Category: Ice Cream Sandwiches)
- Second Place – SE Grocers Reduced Fat Old Cheddar Cheese (Category: Cheese – Reduced Fat)
- Second Place – SE Grocers Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese Spread (Category: Flavored Cream Cheese)
- Second Place – SE Grocers Nonfat Greek Yogurt Cherry (Category: Flavored Greek Yogurt – Fat Free, Any Flavor)
- Second Place – SE Grocers No Sugar Added Strawberry Yogurt (Category: Strawberry Yogurt)
- Third place – Premium French Vanilla Ice Cream (Category: French Vanilla Ice Cream)
- Third Place – SE Grocers Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread (Category: Flavored Cream Cheese)
This is the sixth year that Southeastern Grocers has been recognized by the Wisconsin Dairy Association. The World Dairy Expo 2021 was held in Madison, Wisconsin and serves as a forum for dairy farmers, businesses, organizations and other dairy enthusiasts to come together to compete and exchange ideas, knowledge , technology and commerce.
Twenty-five of SEG’s private label products were also recently recognized by Store Brands Editors’ Picks for excellence in innovation, flavor and variety. The grocer also celebrated 41 of its award-winning private labels and markets exclusive wines this month as the grocer won three best in show awards, eight gold medals, 29 silver medals and four bronze medals in the fourth annual USA Wine Ratings competition. . Award-winning wines and SE Grocers, Prestige and Naturally Better products can be purchased at Fresco y MÃ¡s, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores throughout the South East.
About Southeast Grocery Stores
Southeastern Grocers Inc. (SEG), the parent company and headquarters of Fresco y MÃ¡s, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is one of the largest conventional supermarket companies in the United States. SEG grocery stores, liquor stores, and in-store drugstores serve communities in the five southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Fresco y MÃ¡s, Harveys Supermarket and Winn-Dixie are well-known and respected regional brands with deep legacies, close ties to the neighborhood, proud stories of giving back, talented and caring associates and strong commitments to providing the best quality. and possible value to customers. For more information, visit www.frescoymas.com, www.harveyssupermarkets.com and www.winndixie.com.